Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Have you thanked your librarian lately? : )

Well, aren't I just post-happy today. I didn't think my first post on library instruction had gone through since Blogger was apparently not happy with me this afternoon.

Anyway....

It's so nice to hear from students that your pitiful attempts at helping them find information are actually appreciated. I've had quite a few students thank me for helping them the past few days, one of which was in an email. No, unfortunately, the student didn't take it upon herself to write me an email proclaiming just how fabulous I am. I had written her an email as a followup to a phone conversation once I'd had time to find more resources. Anyway, the response I got back was:

"Wow, thank you so much! You have no idea how helpful this will be! I really, really appreciate it!"

That made my day. :)

No comments: