Thursday, February 09, 2006

Bad Patrons

I haven't had a chance to post much lately (teaching a class is keeping me very busy!), and all of a sudden there are a bunch of things that I want to post about. Typical.

Saw this article on the blog SumYungLibrarian. Apparently some teens drove a stolen car into the Columbus Metropolitan Library's Livingston branch. On purpose. And injured the branch manager. It's unbelievable what malicious things people will do.

My favorite part of the article is the last paragraph:
When asked if she would ever leave her car unlocked with the motor running again, Mathis replied, "No way."
Wait, what? She doesn't want to leave her car unlocked with the keys in it for someone to steal again? Why not?! After reading this article, I am seriously considering leaving my car unlocked at work with the keys in the ignition. Then I'll sit around hoping someone rams my library with it. Yeah.

No comments: