Monday, November 20, 2006

We ZAP 'em at the library!

Bad library press. Sigh.

I heard this on the radio up in Cleveland last week - one of the local rock stations was having fun bashing the incident. Then, one of my coworkers forwarded the story around.

Apparently UCPD felt it necessary to taser a guy for not showing ID at the UCLA Library. Well, okay, I'm sure there is more to it than that.

I watched the YouTube video that one particularly quick student created. I love how everyone else just flocks to watch, too. The tasered individual was "leaving this godforsaken place" - what a great library description. More details here.

Good grief.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Having FUN bashing the incident?! Honestly, I haven't been so disturbed by a piece of domestic news for quite some time. Not that there haven't been things to be concerned about, but the immediacy of the YouTube clip, as well as my recent career as a student, makes me take this pretty fuckin' seriously. I guess there are some things even I won't mock, and this is one of them.

My world has just grown a little darker...