Friday, February 16, 2007

March of the Librarians

Well, I've been berated by one of my... two? readers for not posting in such a long time (apparently she needs a means for procrastination...). I can't believe it's been a month. The beginning of the semester is always crazy. I'm teaching Library Research Methods again and that takes a lot of my free time.

Anyway, there is a most amusing mocumentary of the librarians at ALA Midwinter in Seattle. I don't know about the whole "mating" thing, but the lines for essential things like coffee and email are pretty funny. :)

I have not yet attended a large conference, but am registered for the ACRL Conference in Baltimore, which is quite exciting. I'm also contemplating the ALA Annual Conference in Washington DC, since I have friends (victims?) in the area who I can perhaps stay with. :)

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

*grins* It was a great clip, definitely good enough to keep this dedicated reader of your blog amused for quite some time. Thanks!

And as one potential victim, can I just say three words? Latin Convention Redux!!!

Anonymous said...

And don't forget about Computers In Libraries, in DC in April - that'll be my one big conference for the year.

And yes, you are always missed.

ket said...

...so I was one of the ones who forgot to check this while you weren't posting... but you totally have to come to both Baltimore and DC, if only because then we can hang out while you're taking a break from the dorkiness :-)