Some interesting statistics:
- 37% of those polled still access the Internet through a dial-up telephone modem. Yuck!
- 50% access it through broadband
- 51.1% are buying online
- 86.8% of those 16 and over express at least some concern about providing their personal info when buying online
- 69.7% of all Americans use email
- Users who use the internet for work say they are actively doing so for an average of 7.8 hours per week (that's it!?)
Information on the Internet: is it reliable and accurate? -- The number of users who believe that most or all of the information on the Internet is reliable and accurate grew sharply over 2005, reversing a three-year decline. Well over half of users (55.2 percent) say that most or all of the information online is reliable and accurate – up from 48.8 percent in 2005, but still below the peak in 2001 (58 percent).YIKES!