An adjunct librarian shot and killed a librarian at Northeast Lakeview College near San Antonio, Texas. Read the story here and here.
The crazy part?
1. I applied for a job at this college in Fall 2007.
2. I had a phone interview.
3. The interviewer said they were VERY interested in me - I fit the position perfectly.
4. My boyfriend decided to take a job in Pittsburgh instead of Texas, so I turned down the in-person interview.
5. The murdered librarian was the one who was hired for that very same job.
Based on the comments on a blog they set up in his memory, he was a fantastic librarian with a great passion for helping students. What a terrible tragedy and such a loss for that college, everyone who knew him, and the library community.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Friday, October 10, 2008
When I went to the ALA conference way back in June, I made sure to attend the annual Book Cart Drill Team competition. Wow, that was a lot of fun. There are some videos up on YouTube that you should check out if you are interested in seeing some of the fabulous teams that competed:
- The winners can be seen here and here. I really wish the videos were better - these guys were fantastic and hysterical. Who wouldn't win with Michael Jackson's thriller and some zombie action?!
- 2nd place: here and here. Love the hats! They spun! And they used the fantastic librarian song.
- 3rd place: here.
- Also, a video from the Press Enterprise.